What Makes Your Life Colourful?


 What makes your life colourful?

I colour my life with my art, with my clothes, with the colourful people in my life and with my actions.

I'm hoping to put colour into more people's lives by sharing my art, my processes and my thoughts here on this blog.

Today I'll be working on an art quilt that will be displayed in the local gallery through December and into January as part of the summer exhibition for volunteers called Behind the Scenes. The quilt itself will be very colourful. The central figures are being painted with different abstract works. I've completed the mushroom already and today I'm working on the snail and the snail shell.

It's kind of scary not knowing how it will turn out. I have a bit of an idea in my head, but in my experience, my art never goes according to plan. That's not to say that I don't like the eventual result. I'm just not one of those artists who knows exactly what they want to create from a picture in their head and then executes that beautifully. I wonder if that type of artist actually exists?

For now I'll leave you with a picture of the first little part I finished, a few blooms and leaves and the first swirly curly bit that makes it's way into all my art.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Emptiness and The Glow

Values